Our sister channel is recruiting:
BITE News Online Social Media Intern – London
Want to work for YouTube? Want to be a key part in the birth of a brand new online channel alongside SBTV founder, Jamal Edwards? We’re starting a revolution and if you want to join us, read on…
Expenses paid Social Media & Content Marketing Intern
Are you obsessed with finding and sharing important news stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook, Twitter/YouTube for the latest trends? Do you want to help challenge and change the way our generation receive information on important topics and issues?
We are Bite News, a joint venture between SBTV and Bite The Ballot, who together are launching an exciting News channel on YouTube, making world issues and politics accessible for people like us, young people.
BITE is a fast paced, flexible and lively work environment and we’re seeking a talented team member who will crave learning new skills and isn’t afraid to tackle a big project.
As an intern you will get to work closely with our small team, Jamal Edwards (SBTV), Natalia Jorquera (SBTV), Michael Sani (Bite The Ballot) and Ben White (Bite The Ballot originally of Copa 90) while working a real project that could inspire real change.
This channel is supported by YouTube themselves, so you will also have the opportunity to work alongside some of the leading innovators at Google HQ.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is obsessed with social media, current affairs and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
What You Will Learn:
• How to create a long term social media plan
• Relationship building, creating an online community on YouTube and Twitter
• How to track social media analytics using software, and report results and new ideas back to the team.
• Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
• Assist in building and presenting social media strategy
What We Require:
• Background in Journalism, Communications or Social Media.
• Strong understanding of YouTube and content optimisation procedures
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong photoshop skills
• Proficient with social networking sites, Twitter, Facebook etc
• Organised, with an ability to prioritise time-sensitive assignments.
• Self motivated with a strong work ethic
• Creative and Flexible.
We are such a small team, so we value any of our team members, as an intern you will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of twitter and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing.
The position begins ASAP. You will be expected to work between 20 – 25 hours a week.
Initially only expenses will be paid, however, we will be seeking funding to make this into a full-time paid position.